Thursday, January 8, 2009

Laid Off

The economy really is bad. Do you know how I know this? Adam got laid off yesterday along with like half of his little company. For us this isn't good, but we must admit that in many way we are the lucky ones. I am the major bread winner right now. Adam was only working 10 hours a week. Which did help our little student size budget. It really did. In fact we were only spending his student loan money for his school expenses and his health insurance. This made me very proud of us. Now, I guess we'll have to spend a small amount of that little loan. Not the end of the world, but I guess I have been humbled. It made me appreciate what Adam told me yesterday, "Who I really feel bad for were the guys who had been doing this full time for 20+ years. Screen-printing is all they know. How will they support their families?" And so mostly I am just grateful that it wasn't a devastating blow for us. Just a little reality check. As I listened to Adam yesterday as he offered the little prayer that we pray together every night, I was reminded why I married this guy. He wasn't worried about us but did pray for his co-workers. They are the ones that really need the blessings right about now...

No comments: