Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Strange Rememberings...

A little while back, an old mission companion of mine sent me a message. She wanted to make sure I liked her. Seriously. I think she had found out that one of her other companions harbored some resentment towards her. We hadn't exactly gotten along great so she began to worry that I felt the same way. But I didn't. It wasn't her fault that we didn't get along. It wasn't mine either. It was the MTC. Put two young women with strong independent personalities together, give them 1000 rules that they have never had before, dictate their daily activities minute by minute, and have them adjust to these changes while they must be together 24/7, and you will get the same result every time. Guaranteed. If we had served together even 3 months later, I don't think we would have any problems whatsoever. So, of course, I wrote her back and told her so. I didn't want her to worry that I held some grudge against her or something. That got me to thinking how many times I had let one upset in my life make me worry about other aspects of my life. I do it all the time. One person finds me annoying so everyone must; another person didn't like the meal I made so it must be disgusting; I totally messed up one experiment in lab so my whole research project must be wrong....
Since that message, I'm beginning to think maybe I am normal when I have those tendencies. Do you sometimes let one bad situation make you question other situations in your life?

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I know exactly what you mean! I have often done that exact thing and we can't be the only two who do that.

Laura said...

Hey Tiffany! Glad you started a blog! I'm not great at it but I can then check out what everyone else is doing every few weeks or so! I hope you had some wonderful holidays and that things are going really well!! Good luck with all your doing! Laura