Monday, December 8, 2008

Why does shopping feel like I got nothing done?

I went shopping on Saturday. I started my Christmas shopping and ran a lot of errands. That took up most of my Saturday. It was all things I needed to do, but when I got done at the end of the day, I felt like I had not accomplished much. Why does running errands feel like that? I would have felt much better about what I had gotten done if I had done all the laundry, cleaned the kitchen and the bathroom, and pulled the dead plants out of my garden. In the end, I spent as much time doing stuff I needed to do but didn't get the same satisfaction out of it. I wonder why?

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I have wondered about that too. One day I will do just as much work around the house as another day and some days I will feel so productive and other days I feel like I did nothing! It's a phenomenon. Yay! Thanks for commenting on my blog. That's how I found yours!