Friday, December 5, 2008

The Center of the Home

I would argue that the center of any home is the kitchen table. With that in mind, let me brag. This is our kitchen table. Adam and I built it. Yes, that's correct. We bought wood and pieced this little beauty together ourselves. It has mistakes (which is why I won't be showing you any detailed, up close type photos), but it is ours. Over the summer we took a wood shop class at Durham Tech and built it together. It was one of those things where I have a brilliant idea and then my practical but usually correct husband points out that it will take a lot of time and will probably stress us out. Then I win and we end up taking the class anyway. In the end he's right--it took up a lot of time and we were kind of stressed out for a few weeks. But I was right to because we walk away with a beautiful table that we built together and I mean come on, that's just awesome. Anyway, we just barely finished it. Sanded, stained, polyurethaned, everything. This week we have been eating dinner on it. Fabulous!

1 comment:

JENNIFRO said...

Now that is impressive!!! You wouldn't happen to be Terry Sabin's daughter now would you.......; )

You all are way too gifted and talented!